Fill out the following form to get in touch with the research coordinator!
Do YOU want to dance?
We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study on a dance or exercise program for people with stroke
We need people who:
- Have had a stroke more than 6-months ago
- Can walk 10 meters without assistive devices
- Have received clearance from their physician to participate in exercise
- Be randomly assigned to either the dance group OR the exercise group
- Perform balance tasks and tell us what you think of your groups program
- 1-hour dance OR exercise session 2-times a week for 12-weeks at the University of Toronto and Toronto Rehab
- Pre and post testing to assess a variety of outcomes including balance and walking patterns (3 hours for each visit)
Participants will receive financial compensation to help cover the cost of travel (e.g TTC tokens, taxi or parking)
For more information about this study, or to volunteer for this study, please contact the lab coordinator:
Phone: 416-597-3422 x (7827)