Do YOU want to dance?
We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study on a dance or exercise program for people with stroke
We need people who:
- Had a stroke more than 6-months ago
- Can walk 10 meters without physical assistance from another person
- Have received clearance from their physician to participate in exercise
- Have not participated in a structured dance program in the last 12 months
- Be randomly assigned to either the dance group OR the exercise group
- Perform balance tasks and tell us what you think of your groups’ program
- 1-hour dance OR exercise session 2-times a week for 12-weeks
- Pre and post testing to assess a variety of outcomes including balance and walking patterns (3 hours for each visit)
- At the University of Toronto and Toronto Rehab, OR
- At the Abilities Centre in Whitby, Ontario
Participants will receive financial compensation to help cover the cost of travel (e.g TTC tokens, taxi or parking)
For more information about this study, or to volunteer for this study, please follow one of the links above to contact the coordinator at either site.